Friday, November 14, 2014

Stormy Weather

English  

1943
78 minutes
5 Stars


The last time I saw this movie, start to finish, I was in high school and babysitting and it came on the late, late, late movie show. I'm not even sure why I ordered it, but am so glad I did. This movie has an all-star cast, marvelous singing, and terrific dancing. All that entertainment is thinly held together by the story (what there is of it) but worth the investment in time (and money) to watch. Personally, I think this is one of the best musicals to come out of Hollywood. Lena Horne is, as always, marvelous. If you haven't seen this movie, you need to. If you have seen it, you need to see it again. And don't be surprised if, when it ends, you stand and clap in the privacy of your own home! Yes. It's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment