Monday, December 15, 2014

The Assassin Swordsman

Chinese / subtitles  

2000
120 minutes
4 stars


If you follow this blog, you know I started watching Shaolin Warriors a while back. It was a tv series, and as such might have been interesting, but all at once? Too long. So I cancelled it. Then, this movie showed up in my mailbox. Aaah, much better. And, eventually, it dawned on me, it was the same story, only in 2 hours instead of 34 episodes. Much, much better. Different cast, and a lot of fun. Great action. Wonderful costumes (I think that's what I really like about these movies, the costumes), and a fun story. The characters are on a quest for a mythical book, winner rules China. Families and friends are on both sides of the quest. Kung fu rules. Lots of fun. The movie, with English dubbing is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment