Sunday, May 31, 2015

Life Itself

2014
120 minutes
5 Stars

Once I got over the shock of seeing Ebert after his cancer surgery (2 minutes) I settled into the rhythm and thoroughly enjoyed it. It turned out to be an open and honest window into his death process, filled with humor and love. I can't compare it to any of the other documentaries out there on the same subject, because I haven't watched them, but I found this one to be inspiring. Because Ebert was not afraid of death, he was able to live life to the fullest, right up until the end. And by sharing his life with us, he has shown us the way. This documentary is beautiful, funny, sad, poignant, and full of life. He let us see the nitty gritty of dying. He let us see the joy and beauty of living. An honest life; an honest documentary.

Trailer 

No comments:

Post a Comment