Friday, August 7, 2015

Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

1964

95 minutes
4 stars


If you like very dark satire, you'll probably love this classic. To be honest, I loved the acting, the directing, and the filming. I just hated the story. It could be all the news today, with the Chickenhawks wanting to get us into another war, the sooner, the better. Or just my attitude when I watched it. Who knows? It's the first time I've seen George C. Scott where I absolutely loved him. I've always liked him, but he was great in this one. Peter Sellers was at his best. Slim Pickens was marvelous. Everything about this movie was top drawer, except the story. But, mayhaps, I have a bias against black humor and war?

Trailer (movie follows if you care to watch it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment