Sunday, May 22, 2016

Vidal Sassoon: The Movie

2011
90 minutes

English
Documentary
5 Stars

I remember when the Sassoon hair cuts were THE styles, but of course, not for me. I thought this might be an interesting documentary, and I found it fascinating. I knew nothing of Sassoon, other than I could never, ever, wear one of his styles. My hair is naturally wavy, and all the styles I've seen are for straight hair. Sigh. This documentary is about both the man, and the styles, and obviously the people who made it held him in high regard. I am amazed at what he did, and how he did it. But then, I used to put tape on my daughter's bangs to cut them and never could do a decent job. To me, Hair Styling is Magick at its best, and Sassoon was Chief Magician! A delight to watch.

trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28jvlBA0RMk

No comments:

Post a Comment