Thursday, September 22, 2022

Lars and the Real Girl

 Lars and the Real Girl (Ryan Gosling), 2007

American, romcom

1 hour 46 minutes

5 Stars

 

Lars is an extremely shy young man, and has no idea how to socialize, especially with a woman. So he buys himself a life-sized doll and announces to one and all her name is Bianca and she’s his girlfriend. The whole town goes along with it, because they think the world of Lars. Bianca is even voted to the School Board. The first time I saw it was about 3 weeks ago at a friends. I enjoyed it so much, I bought my own copy, and have since watched it a second time with other friends. Don’t overthink this movie, it’s fiction, just have fun and laugh. I know, it’s really not new for me to enjoy a movie with no sword fights, and no medieval costuming, but it doesn’t happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment