Saturday, October 11, 2014

Butterfly Swords

Chinese (subtitles) 

88 minutes
1993
4 stars


I'm not sure how to rate/review this movie. First off, I put the DVD in and it immediately started at the end of the movie. Great choreography and fighting, but had no context. I could not back it up. After 'The End" I managed to set it up, and start at the beginning. It made slightly more sense. The title should be Butterfly AND Swords, not Butterfly Swords. I wanted to see fighting with the butterfly swords, and to that end I was sorely disappointed. The acting and costuming were very nice, and the fight scenes were a lot of fun. But I swear, the ending was slightly different the second time I saw it. Honest. Trust me. Still, the fight scenes made up for whatever else it lacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment