Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Blades of Blood

2010
108 minutes
4 Stars
R for violence

I think a little knowledge of Korean history would have been a help to following parts of this movie. There were times when I felt the director assumed I was Korean, and knew how to fill in the plot holes. However, I thought it a well-acted movie, and I loved the costuming and photography. Some great comedy, whether intentional or not, and some pretty good fight scenes. The fight scenes were well choreographed and photographed. If you like Asian martial arts movies, you'll probably like this one. The characters are likable, and some downright cute.  This is also a coming of age movie, in the best sense thereof. The music wonderful. For those of you who enjoy the Zatoichi movies, there is even a blind fighter.

Trailer 

No comments:

Post a Comment