Monday, May 27, 2013

Book and Sword


Chinese, English subtitles
115 minutes
3 stars

One of these days, I'll learn to read the other reviews before ordering something; however, I didn't. The book is by Louis Cha and I've enjoyed the movies (not TV series) I've seen from his other books, alas, this one not so much. Lots of great martial arts with fly by wire, but not so much plot. And what plot was there, wasn't very good. The history wasn't great, either, and if I, a Westerner with very little Chinese history can see some of the flaws, well, that should tell you something. Several reviewers state it was originally a TV series, chopped down to movie length. That's what it looked like, which is too bad, because had it been redone as a movie, it might have had a few more redeeming qualities. Costuming gets 5 stars, story gets 1.

Trailer: None

No comments:

Post a Comment