Saturday, May 11, 2013

Once Upon a Time in Mexico


Once Upon a Time in Mexico

English, French (subtitles)
102 minutes, 2003
4 Stars

I caught this on the tube last night, with several interruptions so I'm not sure I followed the whole show, and it is #3 in a trilogy, and I haven't seen #1 or #2. All that said, any movie with Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp, Danny Trejo, Cheech Marin, and Willem Dafoe has got to be fun, no matter how violent or bloody. A lot of flash back, very well done flash back, a lot of Banderas and Depp (can a gal ask for more?). I will update this after seeing #1 and #2, but in the meantime, this one is worth the time investment to watch. Excellent directing, photography, costuming, acting. And, did I mention it stars Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp with Willem Dafoe?


No comments:

Post a Comment